Wednesday, July 4, 2012

meet jessi.



Why, hello!  My name is Jessi and I blog about the good, the bad, and the smelly over at Hopes and Dreams.  I am thrilled to be here today!  I just love The Little Lovebirds and couldn't be more tickled to contribute to this adorable blog space.  For my lil' guest post I thought I'd answer this questionaire that's floating around the www so that yous all can get to know me a tad and decide for yourself if it's worthwhile to head on over to my blog and take a looksie.  I hope you do and I hope we become true bloggy pals!!  Mkay, here goes:  

1.| Tell us a little about yourself (family, where you live, job, etc)
I was born and raised in good ol' Utah and currently live in the Salt Lake Valley with my husband, Prince John William, and 10-month-old bubbers, Jameser boy.  I love all things domestic {call me old fashioned} and am currently staying at home most of the time to raise Sir Chubbikins.  I do work as a receptionist once in a while but feel very blessed to be able to stay at home and manage our household while Prince John studies to become a professional nerd {he's an engineering student and likes to build robots and such}.  We are overwhelmed with gratitude for our simple little life together and, although it isn't always easy, wouldn't have it any other way.

2.| Favorite vacation spot and why?
DISNEYLAND.  I dream about Disneyland far more than any grown woman should....  There is just something about the happiness and wholesomeness and innocent adventure that sucks me in and never lets me be.  I simply neeeeeeed Disneyland.  It has been far too long since I've been there {two years} and I am counting down the days until Prince and I can take Dudeski there and I can see John's face as he snarfs a turkey leg and James' face as he experiences the Tiki room for the first time.  EEEEEEEPPP!!! {I also have a small obsession with Ireland because I lived there for a year and a half...}


3.| What do you most look forward to every day?
Two times during the day:  1. When Jameser wakes and gazes up at me with his hammy grin and huge, stunned eyes, and 2. When he goes back down for a nap.


4.| Favorite food?
Potatoes, because you can prepare them in countless ways.  All of which are delicious.  I'm also a sucker for mac and cheese and breakfast sandwiches.  I'm a savory/salty as opposed to a sweet. But give me a savory/salty/sweet and I'm done for {yes I dip my fries and chicken nuggets in my frosty...which is why I'm currently on Weight Watchers}.

5.| Tell us something you are looking forward to this summer!
Taking Prince and Dude to the zoo!  Which I am actually doing today!  I'm also looking forward to going to Bear Lake and Sun Valley.  And I wouldn't say no to some strawberry picking and family bike rides.

6.| Why did you start blogging?
Honestly, and I know everyone says this, I started blogging as a way to keep a record of my life.  My dad was pretty much the only person who read my blog for the first few years and  I had no intention of ever turning it in to anything other than a journal, really. Until earlier this year when I decided to try to get my writing out there a little more.  I do so love to write.  


          7.| What is your favorite part of blogging?


My favorite thing about blogging is that it helps me see the beauty in my life and in the whole "life experience."  If I have a responsibility to my readers to write something inspiring or intriguing then it helps me feel inspired or intrigued as I live, so that what I end up writing will be worth reading.  My life is no beautifuller now than it used to be before I started writing about my day-to-day-ness {except I have a kiddo now}, but the fact that I know I'll be putting words to my daily experiences helps me feel them more deeply and gratefully, which makes my life seem, taste, and be more beautiful to me.  To sum it all up: Blogging really has made me appreciate life more.  
Thanks for taking the time to get to know me a tad.  I'd love to have you over to my place soon and we'll have a right good time!

3 comments:

  1. You had me at Disneyland.
    As a fellow grown woman(mostly) who obsesses over it...I think we could be very good friends. :)
    Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I sense that, too.... Best Friends Forever!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. So very nice to meet you! I am heading over to your blog now. Have a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete