Thursday, July 5, 2012

meet jenessa.

Hello Little Lovebirds Readers!
I can't even tell you how happy I am to be posting on Elease's blog.  I love reading about her living her dream, and just about every other little girl's of being a ballerina.
I can also relate with her on the whole "natural blonde going brunette" thing.
And I'd say we both rock it, don't you think?

Since I'm sure you're wondering who I am, I'll tell you a little bit about moi!


I guess I'll start off with my name...
I'm Jenessa! 
And I blog over at C'est La Vie about...my life!
Things I love, things I don't love, things I do and want, friends, and family are all included in that.
Otherwise, I'm a twenty-something poor starving college student.  
A California Gurl living in Southern Utah.
Kind of a silly move, I know.  
(And yes, Katy Perry's song has been my ringtone since it came out. Represent!)
I have a top knot obsession, a high heel addiction, and a deep ardent love for all things Disney.  
Oh, and my favorite color is yellow.
And I'm so excited for summer!

via Pinterest

Taking 17 credits in school and working part time definitely helps me look forward to warm lazy days during these few months off.  
But it's going to be strange.  It's my first summer away from home.
No beach
No family + puppy
Different friends
No free room and board
No "real" mall
And so many other little things will be missing.

But luckily, I'm a pretty positive person!  
And kind of excited about summer in a new place with new activities to offer. 
I'm thinking my summer will be full of

Hiking


With Zion National Park basically in my backyard, how can I not take full advantage of it?!
Angel's Landing, tubing, canyoneering, it's going to be awesome!
And I'm thinking it'll help that I have a friend who works there.  
Yeah, I've got connections.

Lake trips


As close as I'll get to the beach for most of the summer.  Definitely not the same as listening to the waves crash on the shore, but it'll do.

Tiki Shack


Snow cones are the new fro yo.
Or just snow cones.
Mmm.
And riding my bike there makes it taste even better.

And I think I'll mix in with all of that
some catching up on TV shows
(New favorite: Once Upon A Time. Addicted)
a trip home
weekends in Salt Lake
working at my favorite youth conference
fireworks
(the actual fire kind, not the feeling kind.  although some of those would be nice too)
and just relaxing!

It's going to be one great summer.
I can feel it.

I'd love to hear some of your summer plans, so stop on by!
Stay a while.
Let's be friends.
Happy Summer!

1 comment:

  1. I'm also a natural blonde, as in I used to beach blonde, but over the years it faded and I went darker. And then when I went back to blonde, I just felt silly.

    So brunette it is.

    I liked your post Jenessa, hope you have a good summer!

    ReplyDelete