Monday, October 29, 2012

there's someone i'd like you to meet.

hello world.
today is a big day; or rather today has a big announcement. 
we've {finally} settled on a name for our little pup.
drum roll please.... world, meet:
mowgli.
mowgli stice, that is.
{current nickname: mowgs}

we are well aware that it took us almost three weeks to name him,
but, better late than never, right?
i'm not exactly sure how mowgli came about-
yes, the name mowgli comes from the little boy in "the jungle book"-
but, he wasn't necessarily named after him for any particular reason.
we simply liked the name. 
i can't begin to tell you how many names we came up with for our little guy.
name, after name, after name;
none of which instantly fit his puppy cuteness, yet regal aura.
until, "mowgli" suddenly seemed to be the perfect fit. 
so, there you have it.
as much as we hated the ongoing search for the perfect name,
we couldn't be more in love with his name- well, mostly just him in general. 

happy monday!
cheers to a new week, puppy kisses and a successful weekend. 
xoxo

28 comments:

  1. Like the name! so cute! and perfect!

    http://kribamil.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent choice of name! I really like it! it suits him very well!~ he's so handsome and fluffy! Enjoy him.. I sure enjoy everyday with my little Bouncer-dachshund. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw what a cute name! :) lots of photos of this little guy please! :D

    xo
    osmiuminlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've ALWAYS loved the name Mowgli! And perfect for that little pup! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a great name for such a great puppy! love your dress you two look cute together :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw mowgs is super cute, congrats! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a perfect name!! and he is a perfect little man cub, too. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats a perfect name. i like it.
    and i like your puppy oh and you of course :)

    K

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect name! He is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awhhhhhhhhh, your puppy is the cutest ever and i LOVE the name! thanks so much for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog and i'm so glad i found yours :)

    xoxo,

    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my heart! congratulations on that adorable little gem :)
    mowgli is perfect!
    xoxo,
    tiana of l'esthetique

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH my goodness, I love it!!! SO adorable!


    sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. the best little name for that cutie of a furry face. Hello Mowgs! You are the bomb diggity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cutie!
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Helo, dear!) your blog is soooo cute!
    maybe follow each other? just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the name, the puppy and your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You two are too cute and I love the name of your pups made me think think of my favorite story when I was little.
    XO,
    Zhanna
    www.lifeandbows.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's so cute! What a great and unique name. :) I just want to cuddle that fuzzy fur.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable!!!!!!!

    Witha
    http://withapinkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. He's so cute, and I agree. It's a perfect name:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my goodness he is beyond precious!!!
    PS: cute shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aaaaah, he is adorable! And such a cute name! Love your dress! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's adorable!! I'm reading the jungle book to my boys right now:) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awwww, what breed is he~ Mowgli is such a cute name, Mowgli~~ (I hope he hear this :D)

    ReplyDelete