Sunday, March 4, 2012

goodbye, elder.

goodbye to you.
this goodbye was a hard one.
by far the hardest one i've experienced in life so far. 
it's not forever, but two years is forever to me.
you are my best friend.
you mean the world to me.
i am happy for you.
i am praying for your strength, courage, and safety.
i miss you already and it's only been five days.
{725 more to go.}
you'll be an incredible missionary.
the people of mexico will just adore you.
you'll be missed at home, dearly.
but, you are in the right place doing the right thing.
we all love you.
thank goodness for your cute friends waiting at the curb to embrace you.
they helped my goodbye end with a smile and 
gave me the comfort to know you'd be perfectly alright in this new chapter of your life.

p.s. i miss our little texting convo's, but i'm looking forward to exchanging letters. 
i know from experience, letters helps your love grow.

9 comments:

  1. awhh!!

    hey!! I featured you on my blog!! Titled "blog love"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What part of Mexico? My brother went there on his mission!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute :)
    letters are always something to look forward to.
    xx jes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! Letters are exciting, so I'm sure that will help :)
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. so happy for crew!! yay for missionaries in mexico;) and i love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute. My brother has been out 9.5 months...not that I'm counting. :) The first few weeks are the hardest for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such a long time to be away! He is doing such a great thing, I applaud him! Letters will be wonderful, very cool you'll be able to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was extremely difficult saying goodbye to my brother--we are only 18 months apart. But I know that him being on a mission only blessed my life. It will fly by, I swear!
    Loving your blog!
    xo,
    Sierra
    Oh, Just Livin the Dream
    sierraainge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck to your brother! I am sure he will do great out there.

    ReplyDelete